About Savoy Furniture
Over Seven Decades of Craftsmanship
Founded in 1946 by John D. Savoy and son, John A. Savoy, as Savoy’s Machine Woodcarving Shop, they machined and hand-carved highly ornate parts of living room, bedroom, and family room furniture. For three years they built the operation while working at other full-time employment. Over the next several years, the business moved into larger locations as they expanded the line to include furniture frames. In 1954, the business name was officially changed to John Savoy and Son, Inc and shortly after added upholstered furniture to the product line.
The business continued to grow and in 1963, John Savoy and Son, Inc. ceased manufacturing home furniture and entered the commercial market. Additional floor space was added and in 1978 Savoy began selling to the military, obtaining contracts for all product lines.
Currently the manufacturing plant has over 300,000 square feet under roof in which traditional and contemporary styles of furniture are made utilizing the most advanced technology available. All furniture is manufactured in our central Pennsylvania plant, giving us the flexibility to tailor our product to meet your needs. Presently, we manufacture 10 styles of case goods, 19 styles of upholstered furniture, and infinite combinations of tables and seating. Everything is available with the choice of several finishes and hundreds of fabric selections.
For more than 75 years, John Savoy and Son, Inc. has proven that furniture can be stylish and comfortable as well as durable for student and military housing markets. Function with flexibility, quality with value, and durable with comfort, are put into every piece of furniture manufactured by John Savoy and Son, Inc.